Monday, September 10, 2007

Carrying the Mail!

Well, I've had a short stint with the USPS and let me tell you, it's not what I expected. I now have a great appreciation of our rural mail carriers and the postal industry in general. Here's a few things I wanted to pass on to you:

1) Cancel your junk mail, catalogs, etc. Anything you can do to lessen your mail carriers load will be greatly appreciated.
2) Tip your mail carrier periodically, not just at Christmas. Let him/her know that you appreciate them.
3) When addressing letters, write neatly and clearly.
4) If you get pkgs. on a regular basis, get a mailbox big enough to hold them. It's alot of extra work for the mail carrier to have to bring it to your door.
5) If you leave outgoing mail in your mailbox, make sure it has proper postage. And don't leave 41 pennies with your letter expecting the mail carrier to put the stamp on for you. (This happens on a regular basis on the route I had)
6) Do I need to say anything about dogs???

Enough said!


No comments: