Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Suzy Homemaker


My MIL refers to me frequently as "Suzy Homemaker". I wasn't sure if I should be offended or not. But it did get me thinking about Suzy and made me wonder who she is/was.


I found out that Suzy Homemaker was a doll in the 1960's! She had about as much stuff as Barbie! She didn't have a pink car, but she did have a top-of-the-line oven, blender, dish washer/sink, grill, ice delight maker, iron, hair dryer, juicer, mixer, popcorn popper, refrigerator, soda fountain, taffy puller, washing machine and many other things. Sounds pretty good to me.


But I also found this definition of who Suzy Homemaker is:


a housewife who manages a household, esp. with enthusiasm; also, the sterotype of any woman who chooses a traditional female role


I'm alright with that! Just call me Suzy!

1 comment:

~JESSI~ said...

you be suzy, i'll be barbie

... i'll take the pink car, you take the popcorn maker