Not quite! But wardrobe has become an issue as of late. For twenty years he was told what to wear---BDUs. At times he had a choice between the regular BDUs or desert BDUs. And occasionally, he'd wear his dress blues. But either way, he was told what to wear.
At his first civilian job, clothing wasn't an issue...blue jeans and t-shirts...easy enough for a Maintenance Supervisor.
But NOW! Now he's in an office environment. My blue-collar baby has turned into a white-collar workhorse.
We've had to buy a whole new wardrobe to include shoes in brown and black, a reversible belt (brown/black), kahki pants in various colors and polo shirts in mostly dark colors to "hide any coffee stains". And of course, dress socks to go with the dress shoes and pants.
It's so funny to hear him asking me if his belt/shoes/socks match his pants! And this morning when I gave him one of his new outfits to wear, he promptly informed me he couldn't wear that today because he had just worn it Monday (even though it had been washed)!
I gave him a hard time about it but I'm really enjoying seeing him take an interest in his clothes.
One of his favorite songs is ZZ Tops "Sharp Dressed Man". Guess I have my own Sharp Dressed Man now. And I'm loving every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment