Friday, October 17, 2008

Words to Live By

"Everyone has at least one rule that they like to live by. My rule is to stay positive no matter what happens. Things in life may be hard, but never give up! Giving up is certain unhappiness. Whereas, staying positive and standing strong means making it through the hard times with more ease.

Just keeping the things and the people that you love close to you will make you feel more optimistic. Visiting with my best friend calms me down during rough times and taking my dog on a walk clears my mind. Those are both important things to me, so I can continue to stay positive.

For me, I think it's just feeling the smile on my face that boosts my spirits. Maybe your spirit booster is seeing the smile on someone else's face. Volunteer work, babysitting or even just giving your neighbor a helping hand are all excellent ways to achieve that.

Staying positive is more than an attitude. It's a way of life. Where pessimism and anger are proven to make you ill, optimism is known to heal the sick or even prevent sickness from starting. A happy heart is a healthy heart and I will choose to continue living my life with optimism and serenity."

Taken from the GED pre-test essay question: What's one rule that you live by? by Amber H.

1 comment:

~JESSI~ said...

I have seen the people that let anger sour their whole being, while it is difficult to stay positive, it's certainly a better alternative! GREAT WRITING!!