Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas at Our House

I had a tea party for the Prayer Shawl Ministry Team on Wed. the 17th. It was a lot of fun.Kay, Carrie and Amy were present. They each brought something yummy to share. On Christmas Eve the kids open one present. It's always some form of sleepware. This year Amber received a luxurious bath robe from Victoria's Secret. And Andrew received jammies.

Each year after Frank and I go to bed the kids do something to the house. Our first Christmas in WV they turned all of the living room furniture upside down to represent their lives being turned upside down with the move. This year they covered the kitchen in post-it notes.

I don't know if this has any hidden meaning or not.


Frank has the Santa look going on for Christmas morning. He was up early and made pancakes. Then he got us up at 7 a.m. The kids used to get us up early. But now he beats them to it.

This is what his shirt says.

Andrew was thrilled with his Fender electric guitar. There are no pictures of Amber opening her gifts because she was taking the photos. I think her favorite gift was a tripod for her camera.
We went to my parent's house that afternoon and exchanged gifts and had lunch. That evening Frank's mom came to our house to share Christmas dinner with us. It has been a wonderful holiday season. Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments: