Monday, April 13, 2009
He Did it for Me (and for you)
Every time I hear the Easter story I think maybe this time it'll be different. Maybe this time the disciples won't betray Him. Maybe this time the soldiers won't mock Him. Maybe this time, the crowd will call out His name instead of Barrabas and Pilate will release Him. Maybe this time He won't be beaten and scourged. Maybe this time He won't die. But every time it is the same. When I was thinking about this today, I wondered WHY???. Why would He do that? Why would He go through all of that. Then His still, small voice whispered "I did that for you." But again I asked WHY??? Why would you do that for me??? The answer was "Because I love you. I knew you before you were formed in the womb. You are mine". How overwhelming. How humbling. Then He reminded me that He may have died but He didn't stay dead. He is ALIVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment