Recently, a friend asked me if I had gotten my house back in order after having Amber's party. My immediate answer was "It'll never be the same again." After I said that, I realized it probably wasn't interpreted the way I intended. So, let me explain.
Now, when I look around the house, I see 75 + of our closest friends and family that came that day. I see the little kids looking through the fence at the chickens. I hear one of the little girls begging me to take her to look for eggs. I see the friends I hadn't seen in several years. I see the folks that traveled for hours to be with us that day. I see them relaxing on our sofa and telling us what's happened since the last time we met. I see all the canopies and tables in the yard. I see my sister carrying her big bowl of the best pasta salad I've ever had. I see the teens coming to hang out with Amber and share the bon-fire that night. I see the friends that stayed until 11:30 p.m., 12:30 a.m.....until the next Thursday! lol I see our parents and am thankful they could share the day with us. I feel the love and laughter of the day. And for that very reason, my home will never be the same again. And neither will I.
No comments:
Post a Comment