Friday, August 7, 2009

DMV

Determined to Move you to Violence. I think that's what it really stands for. Every time we go to the DMV, there's another piece of paper they require. It drives me crazy! We've gone twice to update Amber's license. Yesterday, he wouldn't allow it because I did not have her diploma with me. I had her college acceptance letter. Not good enough. Would the college accept her if she didn't have a diploma??? Duh!!! I had her birth certificate....her social security card...her military ID. And an entire folder of paperwork from the college. But he had to see her diploma. GGGGRrrrrrrr!!!!!! I think it's their goal to see how many people they can keep from conducting business each day. They probably have a tally sheet under the counter and at the end of the day, they see who "won".

I must say that Amber handled it much better than I did. She calmly told the man she'd be back tomorrow with her diploma. I was muttering (not so silently) all the way out the door. She chastised me by saying "Mom, I deal with people like you every day and you just make our job harder. Be nice!" I just wanted to smack her.

No comments: