Wednesday, May 22, 2013
My Life as a Runner
I start out very excited about my planned run. I leave the house with enthusiasm. No sooner do I hit the track than I think "What the heck am I doing? Why am I out here? I'm hot, sweaty, can't breathe well. This is crazy! My body hurts. What's the point?" I feel like a lumbering elephant or more like the corgi dog I see on a regular basis at the River Walk. He has tiny, short legs and waddles along...just like me. But I push through. Eventually, my breathing evens out, the pain subsides, the muscles loosen and I finish the run. By the time I get back home, I've cooled down and have a satisfied grin on my face because I did it! And that's why I keep on doing it. I feel good and the benefits, physically and mentally, are long-lasting...at least, until the next run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment