
I have this great electronic sewing machine that looks just like the one in the picture. The only problem is some of the electronic connectors inside have come un-connected and unless you're a professional you can't get it open enough to re-connect them. This has happened before and the repairman in Florida gladly reconnected them and didn't charge me for it. It was simple. Well, apparently, it's not that simple for sewing machine repair shops here. I took it to shop #1 (30 miles away), left it with them for a week. They called and said they don't work on that type of machine. Took it to shop #2 (20 miles in another direction). This repairman told me he sold that brand of machine for 40 years. Yet, he couldn't get the machine open enough to reconnect the connectors. His suggestion was that I mail it back to the repairman in Florida that fixed it the first time. Duh! The machine weighs about 40 pounds! His second suggestion was to set up a repair with the manufacturer...again that would require mailing it. I called repair shop #3 (an hour away). He understood what I was talking about as far as the connectors and he assured me he could fix it. He had said the simple "repair" would cost about $20.00. Yeah!! But because we had already had the machine apart (and put it back together) the charge would be $75.00 to $90.00! Explain that one to me!!!! I'm so frustrated with it...not the machine...the repair people! So, do I drag it to shop #3 and give them the hundred bucks to fix it or scrap the whole thing and wish for a new machine for my birthday???
4 comments:
Start wishing. That is a rip-off to pay that much to get it fixed. Someone has got to be able to fix it, Im not who tho. If its been that much trouble, its only going to continue to bring trouble. Go for a new one!!!
Start wishing. That is a rip-off to pay that much to get it fixed. Someone has got to be able to fix it, Im not who tho. If its been that much trouble, its only going to continue to bring trouble. Go for a new one!!!
Sewing Machines??? I know not this technology!
If you want when I get back to Jersey I can call some shops there. Then when you come visit we can take it in or if I come back to visit you first I can take it in.
Post a Comment