
Yesterday I drove past a flower shop and noticed the pile of boxes by their back door. Boxes their flowers came in from their wholesaler. It gave me a twinge of nostalgia because I remembered how fun it was to get our deliveries. We couldn't wait to open those boxes to see the beautiful flowers and see if our wholesale guy had included any surprises. Then we'd clean the flowers...strip roses of their thorns and take away any extra foliage that could shorten the flowers' life. THEN we'd get to start designing arrangements for our coolers. I loved working at the flower shop!! And I still miss it. I know a civilian shop wouldn't be the same as our walk-in shop at the military base and I console myself with that thought.
But guess what was on my kitchen counter when I got home yesterday???? This beautiful arrangement!! I had seen the flower boxes in another town. I hadn't said a word about it to my hubby. But when I got home, there were flowers just for me! For no particular reason! Just Because! And that's the best reason of all!
At times flowers make me sad....they remind me of another time and another place. And sometimes flowers make me very happy! Not usually in the same day, though. Guess that's part of their power!
No comments:
Post a Comment