Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Projects

Prayer shawls

walker caddies

scrapbook for Stitches of Love

cushions/curtains for brothers camper

apron for a friend

quilt for another friend

gowns for still born babies

It's hard for me not to think about the person who will be receiving the item I'm making.

I think about the elderly person using her walker and needing a place to store her oxygen tank and her glasses...maybe a puzzle book and a tissue.

I think about the mom who will hold her still-born baby in the gown I've stitched.

I think about the people going through chemo who will wrap themselves in the shawl I've crocheted.

I think about my brother and nephew enjoying their camper with the new cushions and curtains.

I think about the testimony the scrapbook will give of the generous hearts of the women who started Stitches of Love and the lives they've touched.

I think about all of them. And I pray that some way they will feel the love that's gone into each stitch and they'll know someone cares and someone is praying for them.

No comments: