We spend a good portion of our lives waiting for something.
We wait for the repairman to show up (which is what I'm doing now).
We wait in line at the grocery store.
We wait to get a doctor's appointment then we have to wait while we're there and sometimes we have to wait after the appointment to get our test results back.
While in the military we had to wait for orders, promotion results and retirement papers among other things.
We wait to hear if the loan went through, if the interview went well, if the baby arrived, if the test results are negative...waiting....
Sometimes I wait patiently. Other times, not so patiently. We can be productive during the waiting time or make ourselves sick pondering the outcome.
The bible has lots to say about waiting:
Psalms 25:5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me. For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.
Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage. And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Psalms 37:7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Psalms 37:9 ...But those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
Psalms 37:34 Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land;...
Psalms 39:7 And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.
Psalms 52:9 I will wait on the Your name for it is good.
Psalms 59:9 I will wait for You, O You his Strength; For God is my defense.
Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.
Psalms 106:13 They soon forgot His works; They did not wait for His counsel.
And the most famous wait scripture:
Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint.
No comments:
Post a Comment