Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bag Lady!

Ok! I admit it! I'm a bag lady. I love bags! All shapes, sizes, styles. I love purses, wallets, tote bags, suitcases, overnight bags, duffel bags, really cute shopping bags, vintage luggage and I even appreciate those darn plastic walmart bags. (they do come in handy to line the trash can).

I don't know when the bag lady fever started. As far as I can remember, I've always had a penchant for purses. I remember a favorite purple purse from my teen years. I had it when I got married and accidentally left it in a Dairy Queen one time near Richmond. Fortunately, there was a sheriff's deputy in the store when some teens found it. He confiscated it and kept it safe until hubby could drive back the next day to retrieve it. Whew!

I remember what was probably the first brand new purse I ever had. It was a small leather clutch that my parents bought for me at a little store in Elkins. That bag would still be in style if I had it today.

One of my favorites was my first Aigner bag. I begged my new husband to PLEASE let me buy the Aigner bag! I promised I would never buy another bag as long as I lived, if I could just have that one Aigner bag. He caved...I got the bag.... and then broke my promise. He knew I would, though. Because with an Aigner bag, you can't use a cheapy wallet...so I got an Aigner wallet. Then an Aigner cosmetic bag. Then an Aigner checkbook cover. Then Aigner fever was over. I still have all of those pieces and I have used them until the seams are torn and they need repaired.

Through the years there have been many more bags...mostly kmart or walmart versions. Lately, I've discovered Vera Bradley bags, Kathy Van Zeeland bags and Miche bags. I love a nice Relic or Fossil bag too. There's even an earlier post about my Baggalini bag. Still one of my all-time favorites.

I'm not sure where the bag fever came from. But I do know that my sister is a bag lady too! I think my mom has bag lady tendencies but she has more self-control than I do. I don't remember my grandma having an abundance of bags. I think she was more the "white bag for summer---black bag for winter" type bag lady. Not me! I like bags of every color! Although, I do have the standard black bag and white bag.

Here's some pics of just a few of my favs:
Baggallini Urban Tote


Vera Bradley Wallet in Hope Garden



Miche Bag with Pink Cori Shell


Vera Bradley Emma bag in Make Me Blush



Kathy Van Zeeland Pretty Pleats satchel

No comments: