Thursday, October 7, 2010

Free Day Update

Well, my free day didn't turn out like I planned at all. Before I even finished the blog my mom called and asked if I wanted to go visit my great aunt. I had actually been thinking about that earlier in the morning, so I jumped at the idea. The desk re-do could wait. (It's still waiting)

I got to spend a few hours with my mom at my great-aunt's house. I always enjoy going there. We swap recipes, look through old photos and if I'm lucky, Aunt Polly with tell stories from another time. I love hearing stories from when my mom was a kid and the things she got into. Polly has some stories to tell and I hope to hear more of them.

That evening, I got to have dinner with my mom's baby sister and my mom's older sister. One lives in Ohio and one lives in Maryland. But both were in WV for the weekend. It was a rare opportunity to get to spend time with them both, so I took advantage of it. One of my cousins and her two boys were there too. Andrew came along. It was a mini family reunion at Ryan's.

After living away from family for twenty years, it's a treat to be able to be a part of things like this. The desk re-do could wait. And it's still waiting. But it's at the top of the list for when I get another "free day".

No comments: