There's no such thing as a free day. At first I thought today might be one. Frank is out of town. The kids are home for the weekend but they have their own agenda. Andrew had game night at church last night and will be sleeping most of today to make up for it. Christal will be leaving for work shortly. So, that leaves me to ponder what I'm going to do today. The house is clean...mostly. The laundry is caught up.....mostly. So there's nothing that I HAVE to do today.
However, I have a very long list of things I want to get done. The list includes things like yard work...getting my flower beds ready for winter and cleaning out my garden shed. There's knitting projects....a baby sweater that must be finished before the baby outgrows it and a scarf for the Scarves of Hope contest and a prayer shawl I promised a friend.
My desk area needs re-organized since I got a new computer. The same desk doesn't work as well. The space is awkward with a laptop. And I have papers that need sorted and filed.
There's new recipes I've been wanting to try. And charity projects to sew. Oh, and there's always the photos waiting to be put in scrapbooks. What shall I do????
I think the project that will give me the most satisfaction at the moment is my desk area. It's a space I'm in every day. A space that frustrates me when I can't find the papers I'm looking for. My desk area is My Command Central. It's where financial decisions are made (banking and bill paying). Where social obligations are met (notes, birthday cards, etc). It's where research happens (what's the best laptop on the market). It's where I connect with the world (facebook, email). So, yes! Today, I will re-do my Command Center. I will make it a place of functionality and beauty. Can't wait to get started! Maybe I'll even have some time later to do some of the other projects too. Will let you know how my "free day" turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment