No, I don't mean Big Brother. Although, he might be. I'm referring to people. Just regular, ordinary, everyday people. You're one of them. You watch other people and you are being watched. Haven't you noticed that kid in the grocery store screaming his face off and the young mother screaming even louder trying to get him to shut up??? That's one's kind of hard to miss. But you also notice the old woman who digs her underwear out of her crack as she's walking through the parking lot of Walmart. Or the old man picking his nose at a red light because he thinks no one sees. There's even a website called The People At Walmart. It's not pretty. But check it out if you want some amusement. Someone is always watching you.
Someone's always watching our kids too. And you know the way they act is a direct reflection upon us as parents. Fortunately, I've had two compliments recently about my kids. One woman I barely know came up to me after church Sunday and told me what good kids I have. She said she noticed Amber on the worship dance team and she notices Andrew always at the front of the church with his arms raised praising the Lord. I couldn't help but feel proud.
Then later the same day another woman told me that my daughter blessed her heart and she (Amber) didn't even realize it. What did she do? I asked. Amber had dance practice at church earlier that morning. She needed something from the house and Frank made a special trip into town to bring it to her. As he was walking away Amber told her dad how much she appreciated him bringing it to her. The woman was astounded that a teenager would be appreciative of her father's gesture. Such a simple thing.
But someone was watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment