Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fork in the....Purse????


A couple of years ago I bought a very nice set of Oneida Flatware. It wasn't super expensive but it was much nicer than what I had. And all the pieces matched! I loved my new flatware!

Over time, I noticed there were a few pieces missing from my flatware tray. That was to be expected with my family, though. Not a big deal. But as Oneida goes, my set has been discontinued. Still not a big deal. We can live without a few forks.

Until, the last few weeks when I noticed the forks were disappearing exponentially. I kept mentioning it to my family....begging them to please bring the forks back. I felt like a mama pleading to a kidnapper to bring her child back. The family seemed to brush me off. I felt like they thought I was losing my mind. ("Mom's on her fork rant again") We only had four forks left. There should be sixteen! Eight dinner forks and eight salad forks. But there were only four altogether. Very sad!

Then on Saturday, Daughter and I were getting ready to go shopping. She was digging in her purse for some make-up when she sheepishly looked up at me and pulled a FORK out of her purse. HA! One fork back! She dug back into her bag for her make-up, paused, and with pink in her cheeks pulled out a second fork! HA! HA! The dig continued and so did the appearance of my missing flatware! When she was finished, she had retrieved SIX pieces of my missing flatware from her handbag. Four forks, a knife and a spoon. By this time, we're both laughing hysterically, with tears streaming down our faces. There are still eight forks missing but I'm sure they'll show up the next time she changes her handbag.


No comments: