Friday, June 10, 2011

Good Morning!

I woke up this morning not having to jump out of bed and go anywhere. I didn't even have to jump out of bed and do anything. Sure, I have a to-do list a mile along...it's perpetual...never ending. But there was nothing pressing. And the power was out. We had a ferocious storm last night that knocked trees down on the power lines. So, as my eyes opened I luxuriated in the feel of my comfy bed. I love my fine cotton sheets and the quilt my grandma made for me. I love our thick comforter and my soft pillows. So nice!

Then I started thinking about the man who sleeps beside me every night. So thankful for him! So thankful for the sun streaming through the mini-blinds. Thankful for the sound of the birds chirping outside my window. Thankful for the hens clucking in the back yard. Thankful for the soft strumming of the guitar coming from the next room. So much to be thankful for. It is indeed a Good Morning!

No comments: