Saturday, June 14, 2008

Busy, busy week!

One of the things I did this week was participate in the Mountain Quilt Quest Shop Hop. Thirteen quilt shops throughout West Virginia hosted the Shop Hop. You could visit one of the shops or all of the shops. At each shop you recieved a quilt square charm and you could purchase a quilt block kit. Each shop had a different kit. When you put them all together you have a beautiful full-size quilt. I visited 4 of the shops. I haven't decided if I'll make a table runner, a wall-hanging or a bag from my 4 quilt squares.

At one of the shops, I found this adorable charm pack and pattern. I love all the pinks and browns together. It'll be a cute wall-hanging....or maybe a table runner....or maybe a bag......Another thing I did this week was go to Becky's. She and I went to Roger's Flea Market on Friday. This was one of my finds. I love View Master Reels! This bunch included Mickey Mouse, Barbie and Disney on Parade.I found this sign for my dad for Father's Day. (SSSSHhhhhhhh! Don't tell him!)And this Campbell's Kid organizer for my mom. (SSSshhhhh! Don't tell her either!)I also found this great vintage apron pattern for 10 cents. It's extra special because it's a maternity apron....even harder to find. And how cute!On the way back from Rogers, Ohio, we stopped at the Homer Laughlin China Factory. It's one of my favorite places in the world! Here's what I brought home this time. A Fiesta Ware yellow egg plate, a HUGE yellow mixing bowl (the picture doesn't do it justice), a red serving bowl and a small white pizza plate.And if that wasn't enough of a score, the kids and I stopped at a Goodwill store on the way home. I used to shop at this particular store when we lived in PA and I always found great things. This visit was no exception! I found these beautiful Homer Laughlin China dishes for 50 cents and 25 cents each.Aren't they beautiful?!THEN, I spyed this adorable little saucepan. You can see on the handle that it says "All Clad". It may be small but it's hefty.
I turned it over and this is what was on the bottom of it! That's right! Original price $120.00 for one little sauce pan. And here's the Goodwill price:
Yippeee!!!! There were a few more scores....Andrew got a huge box of legos for five bucks and Amber found a Wet Seal brand jacket for a couple dollars. We had so much fun!

Oh and earlier in the week was my mom's birthday and she loves thrifting as much (if not more) than I do. So, we had lunch and did some shopping. On that day I found a gallon size ziploc bag full of vintage packs of rick-rack...original prices were 25 cents each. The entire bag was $1.99!

It's been a very fun week indeed!

No comments: