One day I was teaching my blond little girl her abc's and 123's and now we're learning about ACT's and GED's. Not to mention SAT's and FAFSA, college applications, campus tours, scholarships, financial aid, class rings, senior pictures. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this happen? She grew up when I wasn't looking.
When you're dealing with diapers and temper tantrums you don't want to hear someone say to you "treasure this time, it'll pass so quickly". But it's true.
I remember the day we started home schooling. And now she's about to graduate. I never imagined I would home school her through 12th grade. It was never my intention to home school to start with. But God convicted my heart and convinced me that was what He wanted me to do. And He has been faithful to see us through each year. And here we are! Our final year! It has been challenging. It has been frustrating at times. It's been down-right hard at times. But it's also been so rewarding. And I wouldn't trade any of it...not even her tantrums over 3rd grade math...for anything!
Though my time of home-schooling Amber is almost over, I still have a few more years with Andrew. Like always, we just take it a year at a time. And if it's the Lord's will to home school him through 12th grade, I'll probably be back here sobbing again when he's about to graduate.
No comments:
Post a Comment