Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas and 4-Leaf Clovers


My hubby gave me this beautiful glass clover paperweight for Christmas. It's not because we believe in luck. But because I have a history of finding 4-leaf clovers. I don't hunt for them, I'll just find them. I'll look down at the grass and there it'll be! And it doesn't matter where we are...just out in the yard, in a friend's yard, at a state park, at a gas station....doesn't matter.
When we arrived last summer (2006), with our two moving trucks, pick-up truck, mini-van and boat, we stopped at the local gas station. We all got out to stretch our legs and walk the dog...in a grassy area. And guess what? I found a 4-leaf clover! And even though we don't believe in luck, I think the clovers are a sign of good things to come. And since we were in the middle of the biggest transition in our lives, it was comforting to find that little reassurance in the clover.
I remember when I was a little kid, my step-grandma took me to a section of their yard that was full of 4-leaf clovers. Or so she said! I wonder if something happened that day that gave me an eye for them. I don't remember finding one that day, but I've been finding them ever since!

1 comment:

~JESSI~ said...

see? Guys can be sentimental if they want to be!!!