I'm half-way embarassed to share this but what the heck! My daughter and I developed Fat Fest last night. We were both pretty bummed about some stuff that's going on...stuff that no matter how hard we try, we can't seem to make better. So, in our depressed state, we decided to over-indulge....on fast food and ice cream and Gilmore Girls dvd's! She's underage and I'm not usually a drinker. But last night I came real close to buying a big bottle of wine to drink all by myself! Instead, we hit a couple of drive-throughs, came home, put on our jammies, put in the Gilmore Girls dvd and consumed an enormous amount of fattening, artery-clogging, yet delicious food. In lieu of a hang-over this morning, I awoke with swollen fingers and a heaviness in my gut that matches the heaviness in my heart. And although Fat Fest didn't solve my problems, my daughter and I made a memory. Three cheers to the Fat Fest!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
FAT Fest!
I'm half-way embarassed to share this but what the heck! My daughter and I developed Fat Fest last night. We were both pretty bummed about some stuff that's going on...stuff that no matter how hard we try, we can't seem to make better. So, in our depressed state, we decided to over-indulge....on fast food and ice cream and Gilmore Girls dvd's! She's underage and I'm not usually a drinker. But last night I came real close to buying a big bottle of wine to drink all by myself! Instead, we hit a couple of drive-throughs, came home, put on our jammies, put in the Gilmore Girls dvd and consumed an enormous amount of fattening, artery-clogging, yet delicious food. In lieu of a hang-over this morning, I awoke with swollen fingers and a heaviness in my gut that matches the heaviness in my heart. And although Fat Fest didn't solve my problems, my daughter and I made a memory. Three cheers to the Fat Fest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment